Volunteers power Second Harvest Food Bank. It’s as simple as that.
We could not help provide food and resources to the one in four people in our community who face hunger without the help of volunteers. Take an active role in the fight to end hunger in Northwest North Carolina and join Second Harvest Food Bank and the Feeding America network by pledging to volunteer.
When you give your time to Second Harvest, you get back something amazing in return, maybe even life-changing: The feeling that you personally are helping put food into the hands of people who need it.
It’s proof that no matter what happens in the world, you absolutely have the power to make a difference in the lives of others. Food Bank volunteers know this better than anyone. But don’t take our word for it. Sign up to volunteer and find out for yourself.
Volunteer activities can range from packing, sorting and distributing food; helping to staff an event; or providing a food bank access to specialized skills, such as carpentry, marketing or technology.
Follow these simple steps to start making a difference in your community:
• Visit FeedingAmerica.org/Pledge and make the pledge to volunteer to help people facing hunger.
• Follow Second Harvest Food Bank on social media to learn more about how hunger affects our community.
• Contact our volunteer coordinator and participate in a volunteer session with your family and friends. We have opportunities during the workweek and special weekend and evening opportunities (listed here).
• Sign up for our monthly Volunteer Newsletter here.
• Already a volunteer? Take the pledge again this year to continue the fight to end hunger.